What personal information do we collect and hold?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- Mailing or street address
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Age or birth date
- Details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries;
- Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or apps or in-store or indirectly through use of our websites or apps or instore or online presence through our representatives or otherwise; and information you provide to us through our customer contact center or customer surveys, or that is publicly available.
How we collect information?
We collect information directly from you. The following are a few examples of when we collect information from you:
- During Site or survey registration;
- In connection with an online or in-store purchase;
- If you use an online forum, submit a question to us or provide us with comments or reviews or contact our call centers;
- If you upload or share a photo or other digital content through our Site or via social media interactions on third party websites like Facebook or Twitter;
- If you participate in a sweepstakes, contest, promotion, program, clinic or workshop;
- If you request a quote, warranty or other information;
- If you return a product or use a rebate;
- If you request we send you an electronic copy of your in-store receipt;
- If you apply or inquire about employment;
- In connection with your interactions with us as a registered user of the Site.
We collect information from you passively. We (including through the use of a third party service provider) may collect personal and other information about users over time and across different websites when you use the Site. For example, we may use tracking tools like browser cookies, flash cookies, and web beacons. We may also collect or receive information from our mobile applications and others’ applications.
We collect information from other sources. We may get information about you from third party business partners, like an updated address from a shipping vendor.
We collect information from our affiliates. We may get information about you from a company controlled by, or under common control.
How your personal information is used, processed and disclosed?
- Send information to customers about orders;
- Fulfill your orders;
- Process and collect your payments;
- Send you promotional marketing material about Artificial Flowers Store’s company and partners;
- Produce content for our activity feed feature;
- Customize, analyze, adjust and improve the Service to better meet your needs;
- Execute a sweepstakes, contest or other promotion;
- Enforce Artificial Flowers Store’s agreements with you;
- Prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities;
- Comply with potential requests of law enforcement or data protection agencies.
When possible, online information may be combined and/or linked to other personal information that you provided to us, in accordance with the purposes specified above.
We may use your identified personal information and online information to prepare anonymized, aggregated data about our users.
We may provide third parties with anonymized data in describing the service to prospective partners, advertisers and other third parties, and for all other lawful purposes. As communicated to third parties, the anonymized data does not include any information permitting the recipient to identify, locate or contact you.
How we share information?
- Within the Artificial Flowers Store of companies;
- With service providers that perform services or handle transactions on our behalf;
- With advertisers, advertising- and marketing-related services providers and partners as well as companies that help us learn how you and others interact with our content;
- With social media platforms and similar services, including when you interact with our digital services that integrate tools and services provided by social medial platforms;
- With business partners, such as when we partner with a third party to offer products or services on a co-branded basis;
- Other parties when required by law or as necessary to protect our rights, and in the context of corporate transactions;
- With your consent or otherwise at your direction;
How can you access or correct your personal information?
- You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us at email@example.com;
- If you make an access request, we will ask you to verify your identity. There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others, or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, in most circumstances we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
- If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment and will not charge for making any amendments. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment, then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it. Registered users of our websites can access and update their user details online. We request that you keep your information as current as possible so that we may continue to improve our service to you.
You have the following rights:
- The right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time (aside from the reasonable costs of reproducing the data we will not charge you for providing this information to you and to receive a response within 21 days);
- The right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge;
- The right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you;
- The right to have any personal data we hold about you erased or blocked within 40 days of the receipt of such a request from you;
- The right to request us to cease processing your personal data where such processing is likely to cause substantial distress or damage;
- If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details specified above. However, if you wish to unsubscribe from e-mail marketing communications that we send you, you can most easily do this by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any e-mail newsletter we have sent to you or, alternatively, by visiting our e-mail newsletter preference center. If you wish to stop text alerts, please follow the stop instructions at the bottom of any recent text alert you have received from Artificial Flowers Store.
- We have instituted reasonable safeguards to help ensure that information collected is secure. We also take reasonable steps to ensure that third parties who work with us to make the site (including the software, applications and services provided on the Site) available to you agree to protect personal information that they must access in order to serve you and to honor your preferences about contacts you receive.
- When you send or otherwise transmit your sensitive information (such as your credit card number) to or though the sites, your sensitive information is encrypted and protected with SSL, the current industry-standard encryption protocol. When you are on an SSL-protected page, a picture of a closed lock appears at the bottom or top of some web browsers. Another way to tell if you are on a secure page is to check the URL or address of the page. (Look in the address box or right-click on the page and select “Properties”.) These secure SSL-encrypted pages have URLs that start with “https://” instead of “http://”.
- If you have any questions about security of the Site, please contact us.